Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St Peter's Basilica.
- Florence: During your guided walking tour, see the cathedral, the bell tower, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the baptistery and visit Signoria Square
- Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Italian Lakes: Join us in the social ritual of ‘La Passeggiata'.
- Verona: See the well preserved Roman Arena and stand beneath Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark's Square by private launch
- See St Mark's Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Scenic Drives: Tuscan Hills, Apennines, Dolomites, Italian Lake District.
Authentic Regional Flavours
- Venice: Enjoy a Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine in a restaurant in the heart of this historic city.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion gelato Maestro, Sergio Dondoli for a taste of his finest frozen treats.
- Tuscany: In the Tuscan countryside, where deep-green cypress trees pierce blue skies and olive groves hug the rolling hillsides, taste the wines of an eminent estate.
- Lucca: Sample 'Buccellato', the sweet raisin bread typical of the region.
- Included Quality Dining:: 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 6 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Oberammergau: Dine in a local restaurant amid the buzz of excitement from Passion Play goers and enjoy local hospitality before the second half commences.
- Rome: Gain VIP entrance into the Vatican Museums and be among the select few to admire the Renaissance Bramante Staircase, off limits to the general public. Once through the Popes' treasure-trove, you confront the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Tuscany: The Signature Borgo San Luigi is a restored 17th century country palazzo, once owned by the Duchy of Tuscany, offering high-quality service in a peaceful, relaxed setting in the heart of the Tuscan countryside.
- Cortina d'Ampezzo Encircled by the beautiful Dolomite Alps, Cortina's delightful Hotel Ancora is built in the characteristic Ampezzano style with wooden balconies and intricately carved and painted interior details.
Top Rated Highlights
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces where the likes of Casanova would have come calling.
- Rome: Visit the Colosseum, still echoing with the thronging crowds and ghostly cries of gladiatorial combat.
- Florence: Stand beside Michelangelo's monumental statue, 'David', in the Accademia Gallery, while an art expert explains the exquisite technique and absorbing history behind the world's most famous sculpture.
- Siena: Explore medieval Siena with a Local Expert and visit the cathedral.
- Cinque Terre: Explore two of the idyllic villages of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Portofino: Cruise from Santa Margherita and get a taste of the sweet life in this elegant fishing village.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.